This is the thirtieth-first chapter of the Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san manga series.
Takagi reads through her yearbook back in junior high where she looks at herself and her husband's old photos. Takagi's daughter, Chi walks in and asks to look at her yearbook. Takagi asks Chi to find her and was easily spotted. Afterwards, Takagi asks Chi to find Daddy, but she seemed to struggle to do so. Takagi and Chi later hears the door ring and Chi shouts if Daddy is home, but Takagi seemed sad and wished it was daddy. Instead of Chi's father, it was the mailman who brought gifts that Chi's grandparents sent them.
Later, Takagi puts chi to sleep and went through the yearbook again, but this time she cries a bit as she looks at Nishikata's photo and thinking of the memories in junior high. Then once again she hears another door ring, and this time is the father of Chi, who is revealed by the sign by the door to be Nishikata.
At the end of the chapter, makes fun of the manga reader, saying, - "How did it feel to be "teased"?"
(Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san) Special audio clip (ch 31) - special manga audio clip, voices of Takagi and Chi voiced by Rie Takahashi (Japanese). She provided the voice for this original anime series.
- Nishikatas' House
- There is tension throughout the chapter, but Takagi breaks the fourth wall. On the last page, she smiles directly at the reader after it is shown she married Nishikata. Thereby making fun of the manga reader. After all, she's a master at teasing, don't forget.
- The author of this manga, Sōichirō Yamamoto, teased the public and made them think that Takagi did not marry Nishikata.
- This chapter confirms that Nishikata and Takagi got married ten years later and had a child, Chi.
- This chapter of the manga is kind of teasing the reader, causing eerie bewilderment, but at the end Takagi confesses to the reader in this joke.
- The chapter ends with the words taunting the reader - "How did it feel to be "teased"?"