Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san (からかい上手の高木さん, Literally meaning "Teasing Master Takagi-san, Skilled Teaser Takagi-san") is a Japanese manga series by Sōichirō Yamamoto. It began serialization in Shogakukan's shōnen manga magazine supplement Monthly Shōnen Sunday Mini in 2013, and it moved to the main Monthly Shōnen Sunday magazine in July 2016. An anime television series adaptation by Shin-Ei Animation premiered in January 2018 and ended on March 26, 2018. An OVA was released on July 12, 2018. A second season was later announced, and premiered on July 7, 2019 and ended on September 22, 2019.
With a smirk, the mischievous middle school boy Nishikata glances over at Takagi, the girl seated next to him in class. He has just devised a master plan to finally get back at her for all the merciless teasing inflicted upon him. As he is about to set his plan into motion, Takagi intervenes with a single comment that halts Nishikata right in his tracks. She had turned the tables on him yet again.
"If you blush, you lose." That has been the unwritten rule set between the two ever since they encountered one another in middle school. Day after day, loss after loss, Nishikata strives to see Takagi red with embarrassment, but his futile attempts are only met by further ridicule. Beyond this vicious cycle of trying to outwit one another, will their relationship ever evolve?
- Takagi, a middle school student in the same class as Nishikata, a boy she constantly teases and secretly has feelings for.
- Nishikata, a middle school student who constantly gets teased by his classmate Takagi. Has a crush on her, but refuses to admit it, since he finds her more of a frenemy than a love interest.
As of February 2021, fifteen volumes have been released.
By December 2016, the manga had over 1 million copies in print. By February 2018, that number had increased to 4 million copies. As of February 2, 2019, the manga has 6 million copies in print.
- 10th Manga Taisho Awards Nominates 13 Titles
- "Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san" Celebrates 1 Million Copies Milestone with New Year's Art
- "Teasing Master Takagi-san" Manga Has 4 Million Copies in Print
- Roundup of Newly Revealed Print Counts for Manga, Light Novel Series